Have you noticed swelling and puffiness in any of your body parts mainly face, eyes, legs or increased abdominal size.
You need to know about water retention which is excessive build up of fluid in the circulatory system and body tissues.
We all know that the human body consists of 70% water. Taking too much steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, pain killers, hormonal imbalance, diabetes, and thyroid can lead to the problem of water retention also known as edema.
- How to deal with the problem of water retention? Let’s talk about some foods which can help you reduce water retention. Add more fruits and vegetables in your diet. Have more of fruits and vegetables that are high potassium content. You can have bananas, raisins, melons, cucumbers, blackberries, tomatoes, oranges.
- A cup of plain, fat free yogurt aides digestion and reduce that bloated feeling.
- Take fiber rich food in your daily diet.
- Use herbs and spices like garlic, ginger, oregano, pepper, cumin in your food.
- Limit your daily salt intake. When you consume more of sodium your body may hold onto water causing uncomfortable fluid retention and weight gain.
- Processed foods make you retain weight. Avoid canned soups, frozen foods, snack chips, salad dressings. Chinese food as they are high in sodium.
- Carbs found in foods such as bread, pasta, rice may also cause bloating.
- Just remember that you have to fight water with water. Drinking more water during water retention flushes out a lot of toxins that may be causing your to keep the extra fluid. Try going for some exercise routine. Sweating will help you remove salt from the body and encourage you to drink more water.
- These simple dietary changes can help you fight water retention.
For any query, you can call us on 9818513663.