Artificial sweeteners are often the cause of the heated debate. People really don’t have the clarity whether to have it or not. Let’s clear the myths around artificial sweetener and its pros cons.
- Artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes are chemicals added to some foods and beverages to make them taste sweet. They have similar table sugar but up to many times sweeter.
- By offering the taste of sweetness without any calories, artificial sweeteners seem like they could be one answer to effective weight loss. If we talk about the actual fact, a very careful node has been given to the artificial sweeteners as a replacement of the normal sugar for weight loss. Actually effect of artificial sweeteners on our body is very tricky.
- It can be useful when used appropriately for people like diabetics who need to control their sugar intake and in overweight people. But remember that just because a food contains artificial sweetener doesn’t mean that you can binge on it anytime. Use of artificial sweeteners can make you shun healthy, filling, and highly nutritious foods while consuming more artificially flavored foods with less nutritional value.
- There are a lot of sugar substitutes available in the markets that are considered to be dietary substitutes but not all of them have been approved by the Food authorities.
- Despite the arguments about the advantages and disadvantages of artificial sweeteners, these products will be always commercially. It is important to take all these things into consideration before using them on food and beverages.